I was indepenant, single, hardworking, and supporting my ex who I was still with. That is when I started getting to know Joseph better. I have known him since I was something like 14 years old, however he was just a really close friend of the family, and had a wife and kids. I was a teenager who had better things to do. Who would have guessed that one day, he would be my soulmate, the love of my life, my husband, and those little kids would be my step children.
My ex fiance and I broke up for reasons that we will leave in the past, and somehow Joey and I just fell together perfectly. We were just friends, never even once thought that we would end up a couple, much less married. I felt it best after the break up to move back in with my parentals, where Joseph just happened to be renting with. We stayed up late talking about everything for a week straight...and still had no hint that it would lead to anything. Then before we knew it, every night was movie night, and it lasted till four in the morning cuddling on the couch talking, and yes we were actually talking, no kisses or anything had occured (yet haha). A small family get together a week before new years 2010 was all it took for us to be lockin in forever...One kiss in the back seat of his best friends car, and we both knew that it was more than either of us were ever expecting to have felt.
There were red flags flying up in every direction for me, all of which I dismissed instantly with that kiss. He has four kids, oh well. His ex wife causes A LOT of drama (understatement), I can handle it. He drinks a lot more than I do, Ill get used to it. Nothing seemed to matter, except that we were seemingly perfect together.
New years arrived, and the week before was bliss. Family and friends and everyone came over to celebrate the coming of the new year with us. By then, we were officially exclusive, but in denial because of the seven year age difference and four kids factor. However, that eventually drifted as well...and we became official. January, Feb, March...amazing. Despite his stubborness and vow to never marry again, joesph and I decided that we wanted to never be without eachother and will tie the knot this coming June 2010.
That brings us to the present, April 2010. We are happily in love with eachother and would have it no other way. We have our problems just like every other relationship, however its never too much for us to handle. Day by day we learn and appreaciate eachother more and more. I can see in his eyes the way he looks at me, that we are secure, safe, and in love....and thats the way its going to stay.
No comments:
Post a Comment