I always thought family was family...
but then i grew up.
I realized that even though family is the one group
of people who you should be able to be yourself around,
depend on, respect, and be respected by, more times than not,
they arent.
I had it kind of tough growing up.
My mom tried her best but my biological father was not around...
she married an asshole and had my little sister,
during that period she kinda divorced the asshole.
we were hard up on money alot...
sometimes it was difficult to put food on the table,
and other times the bills didnt get paid.
There was always a lot of tension and it was just hard...
but I had another family member...
He was never hard up...
Him and his family were always VERY well off,
never struggled, went on family vacations, ate expensive dinners,
pretty much the opposite of my family...
NOW,
Years later.
They dont speak to us.
they think they are better than us...
and now THEY are the ones who are hard up...
THEY are the ones who have less money to spend
than they do mouths to feed or bills to pay.
&&
the invitation says laptop.
Yes.
They have not spoken to us in as long as I can remember,
I have sent email after email and IM after IM...
still NO RESPONSE,
until of course
they "NEED" help.
they "NEED" a laptop.
well...
When our families NEEDED food on the table, where were you?
When our families NEEDED to pay our bills, were you on vacation?
When our families NEEDED to save our houses or medical expenses, you werent there.
a LAPTOP?
NOT A "NEED".
&&
we are
NOT HELPING YOU.
Take it from the money you stole from our families, and buy your laptop.
Take it our of the money your spending to build your new house, and get your laptop.
but you WONT,
take it from our families.
It is crazy how my cousin and I were not close growing up,
really didnt know eachother at all aside from the fact that we existed...
and now that we are both adults, we realize how much we have in common,
how much our childhood and teenage years were alike,
and how many years we missed out on being family.
It is good to have her, to know that OUR families struggled and MADE IT. =]]
Where his are at? IDK.
What they are doing? IDK.
I wish them the best,
which is more than they ever said for us it seems.
No comments:
Post a Comment